Friday, June 22, 2007

Lilies

I went for a long time without having a favorite flower. For some reason it bothered me, although I'm sure there are plenty of things to be bothered about other than a favorite flower. For a long time, I liked pansies and I still do, but they weren't it. I flirted a bit with carnations, but there wasn't anything terribly special about them.
A couple of days ago, I realized what my favorite flower is and I guess I've really known for a while. I love daylilies. A couple of years ago, we took a chance on some wal-mart bulbs. They came up as beautiful pink lilies. So we bought some more bulbs, and now our garden is full of pink, crimson, and orange daylilies. My only complaint is that they last for such a short time before withering in the summer heat.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: